One of the best places in the world to bird is Florida, and Indian River County and the surrounding areas does not disappoint. Whether you are an experienced birder or just a casual birder, or just love to be outdoors amongst Florida’s natural treasures, there is something here for you. This guide will introduce you to some of the birding sites in Indian River County and the surrounding area.
Most of these areas are very attractive to migrating birds, especially Warblers, along with wading birds year round. For more details on bird migration on the Treasure and Space Coasts and hotspots for viewing migrating birds, please click here.
List of Indian River County Birding Locations. Click on link for more information.
- Blue Cypress Lake
- Blue Cypress Lake Conservation Area
- Captain Forster Hammock Preserve
- Environmental Learning Center
- T.M. Goodwin Waterfowl Management Area
- North Sebastian Conservation Area
- Oslo Riverfront Conservation Area
- Osprey Acres Stormwater Park & Nature Preserve
- Pelican Island National Wildlife Refuge
- Round Island Park
- Sebastian Inlet State Park
- St. Sebastian River Preserve State Park
- Wabasso Scrub Conservation Area
- West Regional Wastewater Treatment Facility
Birding Locations out of Indian River County.