Schedule of meetings and other events for the 2020-2021 season. Meetings are free and the public are invited to attend. Click here for the field trip schedule.
Meetings will be held on Zoom. Please read the instructions below.
Take part in the monthly meetings from the comfort of your own home by following these instructions:
- Register for the meeting by providing your name, email address, and mailing address. You do not have to be a member of Pelican Island Audubon to attend.
- A day or two before the event you will be sent a confirmation email containing a password for the meeting and a link to click on to take you to the meeting.
- When it is time for the meeting, simply click on the link and enter the password.
- Zoom will automatically ask you to download the application when you click on the meeting link if you have not downloaded the Zoom application yet. If you want to download Zoom in advance, you can do it manually here: https://zoom.us/download
- Other considerations include:
- An Internet connection suitable for live streaming (wired or wireless)
- Headset or speakers (usually included with most laptop & desktop computers
- A quiet location where you will not be disturbed
|2020 – All meetings start at 7:00 p.m.|
|September 21 (Zoom) – Biological control of invasive plants in Florida with Dr. Carey Minteer, assistant professor, weed biological control, Entomology and Nematology Department, UF/IFAS Click for more info|
|October 19 (Zoom) – What do Alligators and Crocodiles Tell us About the Health of the Everglades with Dr. Laura Brandt, Lead Wildlife Biologist, Arthur R. Marshall Loxahatchee National Wildlife Refuge, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Click to register. The public is welcome to attend.|
|November 16 (Zoom) – The Fantastic Birds of Cuba with Arturo Kirkconnell, Sr., Kirkconnell’s Birding Tours. Click to register. The public is welcome to attend.|
|December 14 (Zoom) – 2020 Annual Holiday Party featuring the 2020 Audubon Photography Awards Winners. Click to register.|
|2021– All meetings start at 7:00 p.m.|
|January 18 (Zoom) – Climate Change: Changing Our Birds and Everything Else with Dr. Terry Root, Senior Fellow (University Faculty) Emerita, Stanford Woods Institute for the Environment, Stanford University. Click to register.|
|February 15 (Zoom) – Roseate Spoonbills in Florida Bay: A pink canary in a coal mine with Jerry Lorenz, Ph.D., State Director of Research, Audubon Florida. Click to register.|
|March 15 (Zoom) – Butterflies & Birds In Your Yard with Diane Goldberg, St. Lucie Audubon Conservation Chair, University of Florida Master Gardener. Click to register.|
|April 19 (Zoom) – It’s Purple Martin Time! with Dr. Anna Forsman, Research Scientist, Department of Biology, Genomics & Bioinformatics Cluster, University of Central Florida. Click to register.|
|May 17 (Zoom) – Ospreys 2021 — The Revival of a Global Raptor with Dr. Alan Poole, Associate of the Cornell Lab of Ornithology. Click to register.|