Pelican Island Audubon Society (PIAS) is looking for a dynamic individual to fill a new position of Executive Director (ED). PIAS is a leading environmental organization on the Florida Treasure Coast. PIAS has a total membership of approximately eight hundred led by a volunteer board of eighteen. The organization currently has two part-time professional staff (an office manager and an environmental educator). The ED has overall operational, and financial responsibility for the organization’s staff, programs, facilities, community outreach and execution of its mission and reports to the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be an energetic professional enthusiastic about growing our institution and with a commitment to working with diverse populations.
- Possession of a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study is required and an advanced degree preferred. A degree and/or course work in environmental studies is desirable.
- Strong interest in and commitment to environmental conservation.
- Relevant executive experience working with a board of directors and leading a staff; minimum of five years of successful and progressive responsibility.
- Exceptional skills in development, fundraising, marketing and financial management.
- Strong skills in written and verbal communication and public speaking.
- An entrepreneurial spirit, including the capacity to develop innovative strategies for income generation, audience-building, and programming.
- The capacity to develop and maintain positive relationships with members, donors, and community constituents and stakeholders.
- A strong work ethic, a can-do attitude and high level of energy.
- Knowledge of bird conservation strategies and best practices is desirable.
- Self-starter and solutions oriented.
Employment Contract and Salary and Benefits:
- Successful candidate will be required to sign an employment contract as well as a non-compete and a confidentiality agreement.
- Compensation will vary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
To Apply, email your current resume, a list of three professional references, your email address, and telephone number to Audubonhouse@yahoo.com or mail your application materials to Pelican Island Audubon Society at P.O. Bo 1833, Vero Beach, FL 32961.
We will acknowledge the receipt of your application. Successful candidates will participate in a virtual interview and a select number of candidates will be asked to interview with the Board.